Everyone possesses a cell phone and/or mobile device of some kind. This introductory cutting edge course will educate the investigator on the proper procedures for handling and seizing these devices while preserving the digital evidence contained within them. This course is designed for the investigator with limited or no experience in regards to seizing cell phones and mobile devices.
This 3-day class will cover the following topics:
- Cell Phone and Mobile Device Technologies
- Types of Digital Evidence contained in Cell Phones and Mobile Devices
- Laws & legal issues pertaining to Cell Phones and Mobile Devices
- Information retained by phone service providers
- Interpreting cellular records provided by phone service providers
- Proper handling and seizure techniques
- Overview of commercial software to extract cell phone and mobile device data
- Cell Phone and Mobile Device Internet resources
This course will concentrate primarily on iPhones, iPads, and Droid devices although other phones and mobile devices will be utilized and discussed. This course is extremely hands on and will provide the investigator with FREE tools and resources to enable him or her to properly conduct a sound cell phone or mobile device seizure. Completion of this course will result in receiving the Certified Mobile Device Collection Specialist (CMDCS) certification. Testing for the certification will be conducted on the final day of training.
3-day class tuition: $495