This introductory course is designed to educate the investigator on the proper procedures for handling and seizing of desktop computers, laptops, and external media (i.e. thumb drives) while preserving the digital evidence contained within them. This course is designed for the investigator with limited or no experience in regards to seizing desktop computers and laptops.
This 3-day class will cover the following topics:
- Identification of Digital Evidence and Hardware
- Types of Digital Evidence used in crimes
- Proper handling and seizure techniques
- Conducting a triage (i.e. identifying encryption and data wiping programs)
- Transport and storage
- Interviewing suspects, victims, and witness in relation to digital evidence
- This class is extremely hands on and will provide the investigator with FREE tools and resources to enable him or her to properly conduct a sound computer or laptop seizure.
3-day class tuition: $495